Saturday 7 July 2012

D.I.Y: How to layer hair in under 5 minutes

Just a quick way to add some layers to hair; I saw this method on youtube and yes, it does actually work. I've tried this myself, and also taught my bestie how to do it... give it a go

You will need: Hair (your own..unless you're doing someone else's), scissors, a hair band 

Step 1: Brush your hair
Step 2: Decide if you want long layers or short layers 
Step 3: Stick your head upside down, bring all your hair to the front of your head and tie a tight ponytail 
Step 4: Depending on how long/short you want your layers, pull the hair band towards the end of the ponytail, leaving out the hair that you want to cut
Step 5: With the scissors pointed vertically, start cutting into the hair
Step 6: Keep doing this until there is no hair beyond the hair band

Here's a video I found which pretty much demonstrates it 



Note: I suggest you do it bit by bit first to avoid cutting off too much 
         Also, I cut into it vertically straight away rather than one horizontal snip, I personally think it makes the cut less harsh

Toodles :-)

4 comments:

  1. Vaya que rapidez que maravilla!!buen blog besos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea, I found another tutorial also. Love your blog, I follow now.
    www.thefashionwheel.com

    ReplyDelete